How are you liking the new Occasions 2015 Catalog this spring? Stampin’ Up! did a really great job of giving us a TON of new products that are wonderful! I love a lot of things in the catalog, but the Happy Heart embossing folder is definitely near the top of my list.
Last week I mentioned that I watched the Stampin’ Up! Leadership conference live, via an online feed. One of the really special things that Shelly, our CEO, showed us how to make were these amazing feathers from Washi Tape. Who would have thought?!? But, they look AMAZING!
Do you love it? I certainly do. I’ll admit on this card it looks fun and feminine, but you could easily pick a neutral washi tape and dark colors to give any card and instant masculine look (I’l post a picture of this later, so keep an eye out). Here’s the skinny:
- Lay two pieces of washi tape side by side, slightly overlapping, face up (pattern side down, sticky side up).
- Lay a piece of twine lengthwise in the middle of the two face up pieces of tape.
- Layer two additional pieces face down (pattern up) and press to seal.
- Cut the ends of the tape so that they taper into a point, leaving a twine tail at one end.
- Cut small diagonal cuts on both sides of the twine to make a feathered look.
- Fluff the cuts to that the feather comes to life.
What do you think? Really simple, right? Okay here are two additional photos of this card that is embossed with Happy Hearts. I pulled apart the gold sequin trim to add sequins to the front of the card and tied a tiny gold ribbon bow at the end to the feather. This particular washi tape is from the Everyday Adventure Project Life Accessory pack, but you could easily substitute for your favorite tape.
The complete list of ingredients (supplies) is listed below the cards and there is a downloadable versions as well. And, don’t forget to check out the WEEKLY DEALS; they are listed below also.
Luckily this week, the deals include amazing Big Shot dies AND the 1/8″ Gold Ribbon that I use on so many projects (including today’s)! And I am stoked about the Chalkboard banner being on sale! You can use the new chalkboard ink on this banner- AMAZING! Enjoy and don’t forget to get them while they are in stock!