Fall In Love With The Newborn King
By now you probably know that I am in LOVE with The NEWBORN KING stamp set from the Stampin’ Up! 2014 Holiday Catalog. It embodies what Christmas is about, Christ. It doesn’t talk about Santa, or presents, or the Tree, or lights, or even cookies and Christmas dinner. It shows love, peace, and joy. It shows sacrifice, adoration, and hope.
This is SO much more than a stamp set. This card truly means the world to me. It is an everyday reminder of how great God is and what an amazing life we have because of Christ.
So, for my personal Christmas cards, I knew I wanted to use this special stamp set to share the amazing story of Christ with others. Alright, without further chatter, here it is:
- Stamps: The Newborn King
- Ink: Versmark, Old Olive blendabilities, Lost Lagoon, Crumb Cake, Early Espress marker
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Whisper White
- Accessories: Gold embossing powder, heat tool, rhinestones, aqua painter, Big Shot, Filigree Frame embossing folder, 1/8″ Bermuda Bay ribbon
- Stamp the Nativity scene with versa mark, add Gold embossing powder. Tap off excess powder and set with heat tool until shiny and smooth.
- Use aqua painter to paint background with Lost Lagoon. Watercolor tree trunks and clothing with Crumb Cake and aqua painter. Color two trees with Old Olive blendabilities. Use Early Espresso marker to color stable.
- Add rhinestone to star.
- Layer Whisper White onto Lost Lagoon card stock with rounded corners.
- Emboss Filigree onto Crumb Cake base with Big Shot. Adhere layers to card base and tie Bermuda Bay ribbon across top of card.
- Stamp the inside with the sentiment in Early Espresso ink.
I hope you enjoyed this card!