This week I’ve been showing off the Going Global stamp set paired with Going Places designer paper in a card set. How have you liked the cards? Nice and manly right?!? I have shown off these cards so far: Blue & Green Banner card and Night Sky card, Mini Banners.
Today, you’ll learn the Sunburst Technique with this brightly colored, map inspired Best Dad card. If a “best dad” card, isn’t for you, swap out the saying for a Happy Birthday and enjoy gifting this card. You’ll want to grab Going Global, Going Places & a paper trimmer for this card set. Here’s a peek at the entire set & then I’ll show you today’s card #4 of the set.
While today’s card took a little more figuring out, I took all of the hard work out of it for you. You need to pick a few different patterns from the Going Places 6″x 6″ paper stack and cut 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, and 2 1/2″ strip of a few prints (cut them the entire 6″ length). Make sure the patterns are varied so that you get contrast on the card.
- Cut the card base of Very Vanilla to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut each of the 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, and 2 1/2″ strips into half diagonally, so that you have long, skinny triangles.
- Stamp the globe in Mossy Meadow as well as the sentiment on scrap Vanilla card stock. The Globe will be punched out with the 2″ circle punch. Cut a 1/2″ strip to stamp the Best Dad and flag the end.
- Cut a 2 1/2″ square of Sahara Sand and cut in half diagonally.
- Place the diagonal Going Places designer paper strips with the tip being in the bottom left corner, in a pattern. (See template below for which sizes go where). There will be extra hanging over the ends. Make sure the card is fully covered (the pieces may overlap slightly in the bottom corner).
- Once you have positioned them, adhere with Snail tape runner.
- Cut the excess paper from the card base on all sides.
- Adhere the Sahara Sand triangle with adhesive. Adhere the Globe and Sentiment with dimensionals.
- Stamp the inside with a sentiment.
Do you love it or what? I can’t wait to show you the other cards in the coming days.
In case you missed it, here is Monday’s Blue & Green Dad’s Day card & the Starry Night card, as well as the Mini Banner card.
Stampin’ Up! Supplies: