Coffee Break Gift Card Holder Tutorial
How stinkin’ cute is this coffee cup gift card holder?!! Y’all know I love Starbuck, like really love it. I have stamping at Starbucks events, half of my Instagram feed is filled with photos of my Starbucks choice of the day, and if you lived in my house you would hear my husband ask me how much I spent at Starbucks this month every time we sit down to go over our budget.
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Garden Green
- Ink: Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Early Espresso
- Stamps: Coffee Break & Framelits Bundle, Brush Strokes background stamp
- Paper Trimmer
- TomBow & Tear Tape adhesive
- Big Shot
Normally I would jump right into the directions, but with this card, I found it was easier to cut all of the pieces first, then start assembling them. Make sure you follow the precise order, otherwise things won’t line up.
- Card base: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Crumb Cake
- Front Pocket: 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ Crumb Cake
- Stripes & Straws: 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ Garden Green, Straws cut in half lengthwise
- Gift Card Holder insert: 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ Whisper White
- 1 Large Coffee cup
- 2 whipped toppings- Stamp in Sahara Sand first, then die cut
- 1 acetate round lid
- Cut all pieces described above.
- Stamp Brush Strokes in Crumb Cake ink on Crumb Cake card stock.
- Adhere two 1/4″ Garden Green stripes to the front pocket. I lined up the bottom of the pocket with the grid paper and placed the stripes at the fourth from the bottom, skipped one, then added the other at the 6th from the bottom. This also made sure the pieces were straight.
- Score the White Pocket Insert at 1/4″ on the long edge & fold towards you so that it creates a lip. (You can place a gift card here).
- Stamp sentiment in Garden Green on large Coffee Cup die cut piece.
- Stamp coffee beans on outer edges of card pocket with Early Espresso ink.
- Add tear tape or TomBow glue to three edges of the front pocket (leaving the top edge without adhesive) and adhere to the middle of the card base, towards the bottom. Make sure the glue is right along the edge so that there is plenty of room for the insert. Set aside to dry.
- For the insert- run a thin line of glue on the back bottom of one whipped cream and adhere to top of insert, in the middle, with most of the whipped cream above the top of the insert.
- Adhere the straw (half of the skinny Garden Green strips mentioned above) to the insert, pointing slightly to the side with about 1″ above the top of the insert.
- Grab the large stamped cup and another whipped cream and adhere a thin line of glue to the front bottom of the whipped cream. Place the middle top of the cup over the glue and press to seal. Let dry 30 seconds.
- Run a thin line of liquid glue over the middle top of the coffee cup (right under the whipped cream) and adhere the acetate rounded lid die cut. Press firmly so that glue disperses (This will hide the glue well once it dries).
- Place dry insert into the front pocket. Push down so that the whipped cream is peeking out as far as it can without the insert showing across the top.
- Put 4 dimensionals on the back of the finished coffee cup- NOT ON WHIPPED CREAM- only on the cup portion.
- Adhere the coffee cup to the front of the pocket making sure the whipped cream from the cup covers the whipped cream on the gift card insert.
- Ta-Da! You’re finished. Enjoy a coffee!
- Promotion dates: June 1–30
- Party, Customer, and online orders all qualify for this promotion!
- Starter Kit orders do not qualify for this promotion, however the extra Stampin’ Rewards can be used towards the purchase of the Starter Kit.
- The qualifying amount must be reached prior to shipping and tax.