This Swallowtail stamp is wonderful. It makes beautiful cards. I posted this card earlier, but wanted to give some instruction and pointers on making it work.
1. Buy WOOD MOUNT. I usually buy clear mount stamps, but for these large background stamps, I spring for wood mount.
2. Use STAZON ink. It doesn’t bleed, dries quickly, and is prefect for coloring over.
3. Use texture. Because the stamp is so rich looking, extra texture from different embossing folders gives the card even more punch.
4. Emboss with clear embossing powder AFTER coloring in. The clear embossing powder gives it a shiny, glossy look and texture as well. Color in your image with Stampin’ Markers and blender pens, then restamp over the image (as close to the original image as you can) with Versamark, cover with clear emboss powder, tap off excess and heat set.
5. Cut out your image and mount with Crystal Effects. Crystal Effects is quite possibly the strongest adhesive I have ever used. It is wonderful. Use it! All the time.
6. Coloring. Start with the marker to paper near the center. Use a blender pen as you work outward to create dimension and more than one saturation level. I color on my clear blocks and use a blender pen to pick up the color and transfer it to my project.
I hope these tips are helpful in creating your project.