Fall DIY Love
Fall has arrived! I am so glad that cooler days are among us. It’s almost Thanksgiving and that means wine; lots of wine. My favorite hostess gift for all of our Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving festivities is a Trader Joe’s flower bunch and a nice bottle of red wine with a handmade wine bottle tag. It says- thanks, you are special and worth the time to create a little something extra.
This DIY wine bottle tag is no exception. Its easy, but exceptional. The supplies are listed at the end of this post. Below are the dimensions and directions.
- Cut thick White card stock to 3″ x 7.5″. Score at 3″ from top. Fold score line.
- Punch 2″ circle in middle of small scored top section to make bottle neck hole.
- With scrap paper underneath, in the darkest color, Fresh Fig, ink and stamp 3-4 flowers making sure that parts of the sunflowers are extending off of the tag. Clean stamp and repeat in Berry Burst, clean and repeat in Crushed Curry ink.
- Using the flower center, stamp Crumb Cake interiors to each flower. Precision not required.
- Cut a piece of Berry Burst card stock to 1″ x 3″. Stamp “the best wines” from Half Full stamp set in Versamark. Cover with Copper embossing powder, tap off excess and heat with tool until shiny. Let dry for 30 seconds.
- Cut 4″ Curry ribbon and scrunch and adhere to the back of 1″ Berry Burst embossed piece. Adhere Berry Burst saying to the tag front with 4 dimensionals for added depth.
- Add a few faceted gold gems, hang around a bottle of your favorite red or white.
- Gift and enjoy!
Do you love it? If you make a wine tag of your own, PLEASE PLEASE email me a picture! I love to see what you create with my DIY tutorials.