It’s been busy around my house from Christmas to January’s flu epidemic, to February going non stop, plus this sweet little baby of mine. I haven’t had as much time to craft and blog as I would like, but I am working on making time for the things I love.
I finally got a chance to play with a few new products from the Occasions Catalog. I LOVE the Southern Serenade stamp set for a few reasons:
1 It’s eclectic and the images are great for layering.
2 There are words for both the outer greeting and inside sentiment.
3 Lace. I love lace.
4 Outline images can be watercolored.
5 You can make an entire card with only one stamp set.
Here’s a snapshot of the stamps in the Southern Serenade set.
This card is relatively simple, but the fancy fold gives it a little something extra. It is essentially monochromatic with Berry Burst being the focal color and a little black and pop of Wild Wasabi. Keep reading for directions on how to make the double Z fold.
While some double Z fold cards open sideways, I opted for one that pulls down, but still folds flat to a standard size of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″.
- Cut card base from Berry Burst card stock to 4 1/4 x 11″.
- Score at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Cut Black card stock to 3 1/2″ x 10″. Score at 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Cut White panels as follows: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and 2 1/2″ x 3″ (2 panels).
- Stamp lace randomly on Berry Burst card base.
- Stamp floral outline in Momento Black ink on white panel front.
- Stamp sentiments and flower on bottom two panels (they are the same size so it does not matter which piece you stamp on).
- Stamp lace onto sentiment panel. Watercolor floral with Berry Burst and Wild Wasabi ink using Aquapainters.
- Adhere white panels to Basic Black folding piece.
- To adhere black panel to card base, place Tear & Tape as follows (picture below also for reference):
- On the TOP back panel of black piece.
- Two strips on the top and bottom of the very bottom panel.
- Directly above the first score line of the Berry Burst base in the center (about two inches, not extending to the sides of the base or it will show).
- Remove white paper backing from Tear Tape. Center the top Black panel over Berry Burst base about of 1/2″ down and adhere. To adhere the bottom section to the base, slowly begin to fold the card front down as if you are closing it, line up the bottom black portion over the bottom card base, and once the card is folded closed, the black portion will fall into place, press down to adhere.