Happy National Donut Day!! A day completely made up, but after my own heart. We already made a quick trip out for donuts this morning, but ate them before I had a chance to snap a photo, so instead, I’m giving you the donut that keeps on giving!
This easy to make donut box can by made quick, in about ten minutes start to finish. Grab your supplies from the list at the bottom of this post and get to making.
- Cut two 2 1/2″ x 11″ strips of Sahara sand. Score longways a little over 1/4″ in on both sides. Cut little slits to the score lines on both sides about 1/4″ apart. Add tear tape to one end of each strip to form a circle.
- Cut Sahara Sand into two 4″ squares. Cut Blushing Bride into a 3 1/2″ square. I used the Tear & Tape and a pencil to trace the size as a guide. Trim into a circle. Make the Blushing Bride curvy like icing.
- Punch confetti hearts out of scrap paper. Cut a scrap white circle for the center.
- Attach the Sahara Sand circle to the fringed circle with liquid glue. Repeat for the bottom of the box.
- Adhere the pink icing to the box top and decorate with confetti hearts.
For more detailed directions, you’ll love my Cake Box Tutorial; you can use the same directions and photos to guide you through assembling the box!
Here’s the donut! Adorable & perfect for gifting!