DIY Camera Birthday Card Shaker Tutorial
Giving this camera birthday card will put a smile on the birthday girl/guy’s face. With the camera shaped design and the confetti shaker middle, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
You’ll want to get out the card stock and glitter to make this shaker card.
Skill Level: Beginner
Camera Birthday Card Supplies:
- Envelope punch board
- paper trimmer
- black card stock
- glitter or confetti
- clear window sheets
- thin foam adhesive strips
- washi tape or scrapbook paper
- Cut black card stock to 5.5″ x 8.5″.
- Score the card stock at 4.25″.
- To create the camera shape, put the folded card base into the envelope punch board and punch at the 1 3/4″ mark on one side.
- Then, flip the card over and punch on the other end (same edge of the card).
- Cut off the outer parts of the card leaving the middle rounded hump.
- Use foam strips to keep confetti/sequins in the shaker window.
- Use 2″ and 1 3/4″ circle punches to make the camera lens quickly and easily.
- For the decorative middle, place three rows of Pop of Pink black and gold washi tape or scrapbook paper of your choice.
- Add a rhinestone for the flash.
- Stick to a limited color palette for a bigger impact!
This is a quick and easy handmade birthday card. You can see a video making a similar card here.
Posts You’ll Love:
I hope you enjoyed making this shaker card. I love all gold craft supplies, so making a black and gold camera card was a joy. You know the recipient will love this card as much as you do.
Remember to send me photos of your completed project to be featured on the blog.