12 Days of Back to School and Teacher Gifts
Welcome, September! Fall has arrived and so has the summer gone. It’s time to gear up for Back to School activities (or most of you may already be back to school). Public schools start after Labor Day in Virginia, and private schools, well most of them follow suit but others choose an earlier date. Regardless, Silas isn’t in school yet, so we are preparing for back to homeschool (and I use that term lightly, because all it really means is that we will be working on colors, letters and numbers to prepare him for pre-K next year).
Because we are thankful for teachers, I am dedicating 2 full weeks to showing you how to make Back to School themed teacher gifts. Now don’t worry if you don’t have school aged children, or don’t have a class of kids to make favors for, or aren’t a teacher yourself, because these cards and crafts are going to be AWESOME regardless of who you gift them to!
And I am keeping it simple. These will be really ADORABLE, crafty projects that are simple to make. I promise!
First up is this adorable Chalkboard Thank You Card.
Stampin’ Up! supplies:
- Stamps: Another Thank You, Hardwood
- Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive
- Ink:Baked Brown Sugar, White Craft ink
- Accessories: paper piercing mat, Project Life corner rounder punch, Hello Honey ribbon, gold sequin trim, itty bitty accents heart punch, stapler
1. Stamp the crumb cake card base with Baked Brown Sugar ink and the Hardwood stamp. Stamp the woodgrain so that it is vertical (see below). Stamp an additional 3/4″ x 5″ piece of crumb cake with the Hardwood stamp (this will be the chalkboard ledge). Round the corners with the PL corner rounder punch.
2. Ink up the largest Thank You stamp from Another Thank You stamp set with white craft ink. Make sure you stamp with the paper piercing mat underneath your black card stock (3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″) so that you get a clean stamped image.
3. Adhere the black panel to the card base, slightly overlap the crumb cake “ledge”.
To make the apple: Punch itty bitty accent heart from Real Red card stock. Trim small slice of Old Olive for the stem. Adhere to the chalkboard ledge.
To embellish: Staple a piece of gold sequin trim and Hello Honey ribbon to the top right corner.
What do you think of this chalkboard card? Comment below to let me know and stay tuned tomorrow for a Post-it note holder!
Want to see more from the 12 Days of Back to School Crafts & teacher Gifts?