Craft Fair Friday, Part 9!
Flower Bookmark Tutorial
For today’s craft show & vendor fair tutorial, we will be making Stampin’ Up! Flower Bookmarks.
- Designer Series Paper
- 3/8″ In Color Ribbon
- Primrose Petals Stamp Pad
- Blossom Punch
- 1″ circle Punch
- Stampin’ Sponge
- Brights or Subtles Buttons
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Hot glue Gun
1. Punch out 3 blossom punches of DSP. Punch out 3- 1″ circle punches of DSP or coordinating card stock. Sponge the edges of the blossom punches with Primrose Petals ink.
TIP: Sponging will add dimension to the flowers.
2. Add a Dimensional to the back of the first flower. Make sure it is centered well. Peel off the paper backing.
This will be the front of the finished flower. You will be working from the front towards the back as you add layers (the last layer you add will be the bottom flower of the finished bookmark).
3. Add a 1″ circle to the Flower and add another dimensional to the 1″ circle back.
4. Add another Flower to the Dimensional. You will want to offset the flower petals so they fill in the open spaces. Add a dimensional on the back of the flower, again making sure that all dimensionals are centered.
5. Again, add a 1″ circle punch to the flower and add another dimensional.
6. Add your final flower. Add a dot of hot glue to the back of this flower (which will be the back of the bookmark although it was the last flower added).
7. Add your ribbon to the hot glue.
8. Add another drop of hot glue and add a 1″ circle to cover the back.
[Finished back of flower bookmark]
9. Flip over the flower bookmark to add a button. Add a drop of hot glue to the front of the flowers and adhere a button in the center.
Aren’t they great! I love these flower bookmarks. They make a great gift for the person who has everything. And nothing beats a handmade gift. Enjoy making your flower bookmarks.
Lastly, if you missed the previous Craft Fair Friday posts, you can see them here: